Saturday, September 1, 2012

Deploying System Center 2012 - Management Point Issue

While deploying SCCM 2012 to my live environment, I came across a rather annoying issue.  For some reason, clients were not able to connect to the Management Point on the Primary Site.  They would all connect to one of the Secondary Sites, sometimes across the country from their AD Site.

To verify this, I removed all the Management Points from my environment except for the one located on my Primary Site Server.  This resulted in all my SCCM clients showing no Management Point in the Client Properties, a rather annoying out-come.

I noticed that, while the Management Point role installed successfully, it wasn't very active.  In fact, it wasn't doing anything at all.  Interestingly enough, there were only 4 "MP_*.log files on the server, when there are normally a lot more. While trolling through the Management Point settings, I decided to try changing the method that MP accesses the database from the built-in computer account to an account that has access to the SQL server.


After changing this setting, my Management Point woke right up and started talking to clients!

No comments: