Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Troubleshooting Client Install Issues - SCCM 2007

There have been a number of client-side patches released for SCCM over the last few years and I've never truely had successful deployments of them via Client Push.  This is a rather annoying issue because it means that I have multiple client versions which each have their own quirks about them.  The patch would fail with an MSI code 1635 which would also cause the client to install/update as well.

I found this blog post on technet that pointed me in the right direction:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/configmgradminconsole/thread/e2416f66-658d-4f79-a9e8-642f02564795/

Basically, i added Domain Computers to the share permissions of the SMSCLIENT share on my primary site server.  After that, I was able to deploy the client with the patches and have them install properly!

No comments: