- Get Orca from Microsoft (part of the MS Platform SDK for Server 2003)
- Make a Copy of the .msi file (very important otherwise you could kill your install)
- Open the MSI within Orca and make the following Changes:
- Under Tables: Look for InstallExecuteSequence, Delete the action called "CheckFor64BitOS"
- Under Tables: Look for CustomAction, Delete the Action called "CheckFor64BitOS" (Not a typo, its in both places)
- Save the MSI and Close Orca (You may want to save it as a new name incase of any issues)
The next steps are done within the .ini file:
- Open the .ini file in Notepad
- Delete the following line under "Platform Requirement": PLATFORM=NO_WOW_64_PROCESS
- Save and Close the .ini file (again, a new file name is good)
Install and your off to the races. Note that if you use Vista 64bit edition there may be some pathing issues.
A big thank you too this blog post that lead me to this solution (not taking any credit here)